Educational Opportunities through the Agricultural Energy Efficiency Initiative
A variety of energy-related educational workshops are planned during 2014 and 2015. Information on these sessions will be posted on this page as they develop. This page also will host links to various online content related to understanding energy efficiency practices and renewable energy technologies.
Participants in the AEEI program are able to increase their cost-share rate by participating in some type of energy-related educational workshop, or web content. Participants can satisfy this criteria by attending an energy-related in person workshop OR by reviewing one online educational resource and then completing this short survey. Of course, participants are invited to attend as many workshops and utilize as many online educational resources as they wish.
Please note this page will be periodically updated to reflect new AEEI-related workshops, and other online resources, as they are developed over the course of this two-year program.
IN PERSON WORKSHOPS
- Energy Savings Through Lean Thinking in Forest Products Industries
- Tobacco Curing Energy Efficiency
- Greenhouse Energy Efficiency
- Ground Source Heat Pumps/Geothermal
- Energy Project Assessment Tools (RETScreen)
- Boiler Energy Efficiency & Maintenance
- Emergency Power Systems
- Solar Photovoltaics
- Solar Hot Water
- Solar Energy
- Energy Resources from Virginia Cooperative Extension
- Farm Energy Efficiency Resources from eXtension.org
- On-farm Energy Conservation & Efficiency Resources from the University of Wisconsin
- University of Kentucky Poultry Production Manual
- University of Georgia Poultry Housing Tips
- Key NRCS Energy Practices: Farmstead Energy, Lighting, and Building Envelope
- Dairy Farm Energy Management Guide: South California Edison
- Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy: Farm Energy Efficiency Program Update
- Virginia Cooperative Extension: Fundamentals of Solar Photovoltaics
- Virginia Cooperative Extension: Fundamentals of Solar Hot Water Systems
Future Online Webinars
- May 22, 2014 Lighting Systems: Analysis, Performance, and Energy Conservation Opportunities
- Jul 24, 2014 Energy Analysis: Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How?
- Sep 18, 2014 Energy Upgrades: Steps to Implement Energy Conservation Opportunities
- Nov 20, 2014 Poultry Operations: Broiler and Layer Energy Conservation Opportunities